Quovant (formerly LegalBill) stands for something not often found in the Enterprise Legal Management (ELM) space: the human touch. For over 20 years, Quovant has been helping its clients achieve the smartest legal spend possible through actionable insights and analytics powered by software and delivered by people.
Some of the world's most recognized brands, including 10% of the Fortune 100, trust Quovant. Our Nashville-based team of legal professionals, data analysts, business intelligence and software experts work closely with our clients to establish best practice billing guidelines, ensure billing compliance, and uncover actionable insights and analytics that lead to better business decisions, operational efficiencies and cost savings.
Quovant is hiring a Full Time Software Business Analyst (BA) in our Nashville, TN office to support our legacy applications and a new product called LegalBill that has just launched. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground level as we build out our product team.
The BA will report to the VP of Product and is responsible for working with all stakeholders to discover the requirements demanded to evolve our software applications. This includes estimation and documentation of acceptance criteria. Most important, this position demands a work product that is clear, concise and accurate with an end result that has been simplified and achievable.
Our ideal candidate will have mid to senior level skills as a BA for a commercial software application. You must be a self-starter and passionate about technology. You constantly seek the answers to ‘Why’ questions and can translate that into elegant ‘What’ requirements. We’ll expect a lot in a short time so you must be willing to learn quickly, work hard and produce at a high level. We’ll help you climb the learning curve—are you up for the challenge?
This is NOT a remote position. We believe in building highly functioning and collaborative teams and you can’t do that from home. We will do our homework on you so be prepared to take an assessment test, be subject to a background check and have at least three professional references that can tell us how great you are.
- Become an expert in Quovant’s software applications
- Complete understanding of software development life cycle
- Work with stakeholders to translate business requirements into functional requirements and product specifications
- Own the feature pipeline and be able to work with stakeholders to monetize projects
- Work with the development team to ensure clarity of requirements
- Work with clients when there are new features to be discovered
- Work with the support team to translate issues into opportunities
- Complete understanding of product roadmap and design criteria so new features are properly aligned
- BA/BS degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in agile/scrum environment
- 2+ years as BA for commercial software application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Working knowledge of relational database technologies (SQL)
- Working knowledge of report writing, BI tools
- Competitive salary
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick leave benefits
- High energy team and flexible work environment
- Supportive executive leadership team
- Regular company gatherings, social hours and a fully-stocked pantry with snacks, coffee and soda!
- We encourage and celebrate diversity in the workplace. EOE