Quovant (formerly LegalBill) stands for something not often found in the Enterprise Legal Management (ELM) space: the human touch. For over 20 years, Quovant has been helping its clients achieve the smartest legal spend possible through actionable insights and analytics powered by software and delivered by people.
Some of the world's most recognized brands, including 10% of the Fortune 100, trust Quovant. Our Nashville-based team of legal professionals, data analysts, business intelligence and software experts work closely with our clients to establish best practice billing guidelines, ensure billing compliance, and uncover actionable insights and analytics that lead to better business decisions, operational efficiencies and cost savings.
Quovant seeks talented individuals who can support our growth globally. We have an excellent opportunity within our Compliance Services Group for a legal professional (paralegal or attorney), seeking an alternative career path to that of private law practice or corporate law department, to utilize their legal education and work experience in a unique manner.
- Perform an objective and subjective review of law firm invoices to determine compliance with the client’s Outside Counsel billing guidelines
- Effectively prioritize and self-manage workflow to meet a standard analysis time for invoice processing
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport as the primary contact for assigned client(s)
- Develop and maintain diplomatic relationships with law firms to best serve mutual client(s)
- Track and update client authorizations and exceptions at the law firm and case level in company database
- Work closely with other departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of client data
- JD. and/or ABA-approved Paralegal Certification (or equivalent degree in Paralegal Studies) Required
- Minimum two (2) years prior law firm experience as a paralegal or attorney within one or more of the following practice areas: general liability, workers’ compensation, insurance defense, health care law, asbestos litigation, civil tort, intellectual property/patent, class action or business law
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong work ethic, initiative and commitment to team success
- Knowledge of defense counsel billing practices
- Thorough understanding of litigation process
- Advanced deductive reasoning skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Competitive salary
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick leave benefits
- High energy team and flexible work environment
- Supportive executive leadership team
- Regular company gatherings, social hours and a fully-stocked pantry with snacks, coffee and soda!
- We encourage and celebrate diversity in the workplace. EOE